Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review - Chicago Grill

I had seen this small restaurant less than a block off of College Ave numerous times and always kind of wanted to try it, but always ended up going somewhere else. Well the other night, I finally sprung, and I'm glad I did. There are quite a few of these types of places scattered about and they are all typically the same. Chicago dogs, gyros, etc. Well at this Chicago Grill, they offer those things as well as quite a bit of Mediterranean food, and from what they tell me, it's all made from scratch.

I decided to go with a gyro and the 3 piece falafel on the side. The gyro, to be honest, was nothing out of the ordinary. Not to say it was bad, it just wasn't anything special. The falafel was the real star of the show. It had the perfect texture and they gave me some incredible home made hot sauce to dip it in. Wonderful. My fiance got the chicken parmesan sandwich and that was quite good as well.

On our way out our server asked me how the hot sauce was and I told him it was good. He then told me that next time I come in I should ask him to make the hot sauce how he likes it, telling me that he adds tahini to give it a more creamy texture. He also recommended me the falafel wrap which I just might have to try next time. Excellent down to earth service and great food! I'll be back! Chicago Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment